Parkdale students participate in holiday charity efforts

Ho,Ho,Ho –The Holiday Season has arrived and festivities have already begun. The holiday cheer has spread like wildfire through the halls of Parkdale. Students and Staff have been in the mood for giving!

The Junior Reserve Officer Training Corporation (JROTC) here at Parkdale announced to the student body that they will be hosting a canned  drive until December 16th. All the food will be donated to those in need.

Boxes were set up near the main office making it easily accessible for students and Staff to donate canned foods whenever they could.

JROTC wasn’t the only one spreading the holiday joy during this holiday season. The National Honor Society (NHS) donated a plethora of toys to the non profit organization Toys for Tots.

Students and Staff were encouraged to donate toys in support. The box was set up in the auditorium. And for those selfless scholars who were able to donate; Student Service Learning Hours (SSL) were distributed to them.

Although not a charity effort the ( ) helped students to spread holiday cheer among one another at Parkdale. Selling holiday candy grams with three packages students can choose from.

The most popular package was the five dollar bundle. Which consists of hot chocolate, candy sppon, and a candy cane! Students would purchase their desired bundle and write the name of who they would like () to deliver the gift. Only thing you need to provide is the students name and first period on A and B days.

Teachers have also been showing holiday cheer; decorating their classroom doors with festive themes;as well as staff playing holiday music during the morning while students eat breakfast and prepare for their first period.

People suffer from hardships all year round and during the holidays is when it can hit people the hardest. Bringing in a little bit of joy can make a huge difference in people’s lives. Parkdale has shown exemplary charity efforts to help make the people in our community better in what should be “good times”.

There are still so many ways to give back during the holiday season;You can donate warm clothing that you may have but don’t use to goodwill or the salvation army. In addition volunteering your time at your local homeless shelter! Perhaps even just doing a favor for a neighbor can all be charitable activities you can partake in to becoming one of the holiday elfs.

Winter break is almost here from December 23rd – Jan 3rd. Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, New Year and many more festivities are coming up and Parkdale is well prepared ! Moreover students will be showing of their ugly christmas sweater spirt on December 22nd. Everyone seems to be in a giving and cheerful move.